A PhD in Biology, Chemistry, Clinical Sciences or a related field; MS degree is acceptable with at least 5 years of work experience in the field of specialization.
- Expertise in the field of specialization as demonstrated by a trail of relevant presentations, publications, conference talks, etc
- Experience with data mining and data organization
- Authorship of scientific publications and presentations
- Experience with public data sources, such as PubMed, NCBI, TCGA, CCLE and others. Documented ability (for example, a project that has been completed by applicant) to find, load, process and use relevant scientific information
- Advanced Excel user (vlookup, macro, text functions, pivot, etc.)
- Work in a fast-paced, client oriented and service environment
- Work in a team of multidisciplinary scientists, bioinformaticians and developers
- Experience with data processing, annotation or curation
- Knowledge of Ontologies, CDISC, Data Harmonization
- Curation of clinical datasets
- Knowledge of relational databases, Oracle, SQL, JMP, SAS, R, Python or another scripting language
- Project management experience
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Working on projects with data curation component (on-site or off-site), performing projects on time and to the exact specifications, performing project management.
- Help with pre-sales efforts by creating slides and documents to be shown to potential clients.
- Participation in proposal writing for new clients: evaluate requests by clients, find a technical/business solution, estimate necessary time to complete the project and estimate needed resources
- Keeping up-to-date on the skills related to the field of expertise; willingness to learn new software and new skills
Please email resume and relevant experience information to Viktoria.Andreeva@RanchoBioSciences.com